Monthly Construction & Environmental Project Updates
West End (SR 79)
- Culvert construction west of SR79 completed. Fill material being placed over culvert for road bed. Slopes are stabilized with permanent seed, Rolled Erosion Control Netting, and wattles installed at culvert walls. Traffic will be moved over completed culvert section so that culvert section beneath existing lanes of SR 79 can be completed.
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR79. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph State troopers are patrolling area and issuing tickets.
- Sedimentation basin at Old TN Pike Road excavation ongoing with BMP installation. Periodic blasting will cause minimal traffic delays.
- Sedimentation basin area cleared with slopes stabilized with temporary seed/mulch.
- Perimeter controls remain in place along Self Creek to protect water quality.
- Sediment Retention Barrier (silt fence and hay bales) remained on north and south sides of Self Creek.
- Temporary Sediment Retention Barriers 31, 32, and 33 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- On-going construction
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
East End (SR 75)
- No construction activity in this area of the project for this period.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 9 Rain Days: 8/6 (0.16”), 8/8 (0.80”), 8/11(0.63”), 8/18 (1.68”), 8/19 (0.45”), 8/20 (0.23”), 8/21 (0.22”), 8/24 (1.00”), 8/31 (1.53”).
- Total rainfall for August was approximately 6.73 inches
- One water quality violation (sedimentation with turbid discharge) for this month occurred on 8/24/15.
- ADEM notified of non-compliant condition on 8/24/15. Sediment was removed from the creek and slope was stabilized.