Monthly Construction & Environmental Project Updates
February thru March 2014
West End (Station 2137 at SR 79 to Station 2190)
- Gas utility contractor began relocation work near SR 79 utilizing both open trench and trenchless methods of installation
- Utility construction-related traffic control and water quality protection present.
- No clearing or roadway construction activities have taken place on West End.
East End (Station 2190 to Station 2236 at SR 75)
- Clearing for road construction and haul road construction near SR75.
- Disturbance limited to western-most 2500 feet of project.
- Harvesting of merchantable timber.
- Permitting burning of non-merchantable woody debris.
- Excavation and drainage for haul road construction ongoing.
- Temporary and permanent construction and post-construction best management practices (BMPs) in place or under construction.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- Rain Days: March 3 (0.40"), March 7 (0.40"), March 12 (0.10"), March 16 (1.60"), March 17 (0.02"), March 23 (0.10"). March 28 (1.09") and March 29 (1.39")
- Total rainfall approximately 5.1"
- No water quality violation observed this month.
- No air-quality permit violations observed by ALDOT or Jefferson County.
- ADEM performed an inspection on March 28, 2014. No major issues noted.