Monthly Construction & Environmental Project Updates
West End (SR 79)
- Utility work related to fiber optic lines and gas relocation work ongoing.
- Jefferson County water line installation (under separate NPDES permit) ongoing near SR 79 and Green Drive. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- Sedimentation basin slopes on west side of SR79 stabilized with permanent seed and erosion control netting.
- Sedimentation basin 4 area cleared with slopes stabilized with temporary seed/mulch.
- Tree clearing completed for road way widening on north side of Self Creek. Perimeter controls in place along stream to protect water quality.
- Sediment Retention Barrier (silt fence and hay bales) remained on north and south sides of Self Creek.
- Temporary Sedimentation basin 31 and 32 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- On-going construction
- Soil Nail Wall, and Pneumatic Concrete Blanket
- Blasting of rock throughout mainline section as needed.
- Removing waste soil and rock to off-site pits.
- Finished slopes stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
East End (SR 75)
- Jefferson County water line installation ongoing along SR75. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 6 Rain Days: 5/16 (0.20”), 5/18 (0.36”), 5/19 (0.51”), 5/21 (0.06”), 5/26 (0.42”), 5/28 & 5/29 (2.08”).
- Total rainfall for May was approximately 3.63 inches
- No water quality violations.