Monthly Construction & Environmental Project Updates
West End (SR 79)
- Utility work regarding repositioning of AT&T fiber optic lines remains un-resolved.
- Gas utility relocation work ceased due to AT&T fiber optic delay.
- Jefferson County water line installation (under separate NPDES permit) ongoing near Green Drive. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- Slope clearing/roadway widening temporarily completed for winter on west side of SR79. BMPs in place.
- Temporary sedimentation basins 31 and 32 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly.
Mainline and East End (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- Jefferson County water line installation ongoing along SR75. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- On-going construction
- Soil Nail Wall
- Retaining Wall
- Blasting of rock throughout mainline section as needed.
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs installed and maintained as needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 2 Rain Days: 11/17 (3.08”), 11/24 (1.00”)
- Total rainfall for October was approximately 4.08 inches
- One water quality violation on 11/17 (turbid discharge overflowing basin spillway along with subsurface turbid flow observed in three spots during post rain event inspection).
- ADEM notified of turbid discharges. ALDOT requested a Compliance Assistance Inspection from ADEM to evaluate subsurface turbidity at two locations. ADEM conducted the inspection on 11/19/14.