Monthly Construction & Environmental Project Updates
West End (SR 79)
- Section of culvert west of SR79 completed. Fill material completed over culvert for road bed. Slopes are stabilized with permanent seed, Rolled Erosion Control Product (RECP), and wattles installed at culvert walls and slopes.
- Traffic will be routed over the completed section of culvert while the section under SR79 is constructed.
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR79. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph. State Troopers are patrolling area and issuing tickets.
- Sedimentation basin 6 at Old TN Pike Road excavation completed with BMP installation.
- Sedimentation basin 4 area cleared with slopes stabilized with temporary seed/mulch and RECP has been installed.
- Perimeter controls remain in place along stream to protect water quality.
- Sediment Retention Barrier (silt fence and hay bales) remained on north and south sides of Self Creek.
- Temporary Sedimentation basins 31, 32, and 33 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- On-going construction
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
East End (SR 75)
- Detention Basin-additional clearing of trees and brush for basin east of SR 75 completed. Excavation for basin completed with perimeter BMPs installed to protect Self Creek.
- Road widening and inlet construction for SR 75 underway.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 6 Rain Days: 9/7 (0.55”), 9/10 (0.39), 9/12 (0.09”), 9/25 (0.06”), 9/28 (0.06”), 9/29 (0.05”)
- Total rainfall for September was approximately 1.2 inches.
- No water quality violations for September.